The festival was created by the Winter Wildlands Alliance, a nonprofit organization working at the national level to inspire and educate the backcountry community to protect and care for their winter landscapes. Funds raised at each screening stay in the local community to support human-powered recreation and conservation efforts, winter education and avalanche/safety programs and to raise awareness of winter management issues.
This year's featured non profit is Outside Now. Outside Now focuses on growing a resourceful, resilient, next generation ready to express innate gifts, care for one another, and tend the wild.
Join us on February 22rd at THE SANDBOX (414 Olive Street in Santa Barbara) for a great evening of films! Doors at 6:30 and films at 7:10.
Adventure, environment and climate, youth outdoors, ski culture- you’ll find it all in this award winning
lineup. Films in this year’s program include:
- Ode to Muir (Festival cut), Teton Gravity Research
- Ski the Wild West, Thomas Woodson and Drew Petersen
- The Abbey, DPS Cinematic
- The Backcountry Snowsports Initiative: Human-Powered, Wool Hat Creative Productions
- Abandoned (Festival cut), The Road West Traveled
- Blue, Aly Nicklas
- I Am Here, David Hanson and Michael Hanson
- Surfer Dan, Camp4 Collective
- Searching for Christmas Tree, Lie Feng
- Westward: Brennan Lagasse, KGB Productions