Meet the Masters welcomes Yuji Matsumoto, Master Sake Sommelier & Shochu Specialist
Thursday, March 20th, 6:00 - 9:00pm
Miro Wine Cellar
Join Yuji Matsumoto, the United States’ first certified Master Sake Sommelier, for an exploration of the finest sake you’ve (probably) never tasted.
6 to 7 p.m. - Sake and hors d’oeuvres reception on the Miro Terrace.
7 to 9 p.m. - Exquisite four-course tasting menu by Miro Chef Johan Denizot, elegantly presented by Bacara’s Creative Director Lorrene Balzani. Each course will be expertly paired with renowned sake and wine selections by Yuji Matsumoto.
$115 per person ($150 total with tax & gratuity). Space is very limited; advanced reservations are required.
Yuji Matsumoto’s Awards & Accolades
- First certified Master Sake Sommelier in the U.S.
- Former President of the California Sushi Academy
- Former President of the Sake Institute of America
- Beverage manager of Kabuki Restaurants, Inc.
- Sake Samurai: Awarded as a Sake Samurai in 2010 by the Japan National Sake Brewery Association Junior Counsel
- Finalist of 2006 World Sake Sommelier Competition
- Speaker at more than 300 sake seminars
- Contributor to Japanese Restaurant News, Sushi and Sake Magazine