This all-ages, experiential event celebrates the art of making traditionally fermented foods and beverages such as cultured vegetables,sauerkraut, kimchi, kombucha, kefir, pickles, beer, wine, cider, and sourdough bread, and empowers you to make these foods at home.
- Pickled Pavilion - featuring fermentation experts speaking on a variety of topics
- Fermentation Station - learn first-hand how to make your favorite ferments
- Fermentation supply shops - get everything you need to start fermenting at home
- DIY Pickle Station - step up your pickle game
- Culture Petting Zoo - touch and learn about your favorite starter cultures
- Bacteria Buddy Passport Program for our youngest bacteria farmers
- Screamin' Pickle Contest for home fermenters to show off their talents
- Fermented tasting samples - over 40 fermented foods to taste and enjoy
Taste your way through the wild world of fermented foods!
At the Festival
sprouted almond pate, wild yeast sourdough bread, bagels, fresh pasta, sourdough starter, raw apple cider vinegar, sauerkraut, kimchi, kombucha, cultured condiments, dressings and sauces, raw chocolate, probiotic cashew spread, probiotic mousse, books, fermentation supplies, canning supplies, cheesemaking supplies, black garlic, medicinal wild sauerkraut, in-season root vegetables, salsa, ginger ale, curtido, garlic, ginger, purple cabbage, water kefir, kvass, zucchini dip, salad dressing, cacao mousse, kefir carrot cake, artisan fermented sausage, salami, and meats, raw hibiscus teas, probiotic hibiscus power shots, turmeric and ginger honey elixirs, raw fermented coconut cream, raw milk, kefir and cheddar cheese, tuna tartare, black garlic ponzu, ginger ale, Meyer lemon soda, real root beer, vanilla cream soda, apple kefir, coconut-water kefir, jun, coconut-yogurt, to name a few!
In the Farm-to-Bar area (12:00 - 3:30pm)
still wine, feral beer, Belgian Blonde, traditional mead, cherry cyser, farm-to-bar cocktails featuring kombucha, kraut and kimchi mixers, artisan distilled gin, vodka, whiskey and apple pie, traditional sparkling wine, shrubs, and barrel aged ferments, to name a few!
General Admission Ticket includes
- Festival admission, 11am-4pm
- Dozens of fermented foods and beverage samples
- All talks, demonstrations and festival activities
General Admission + Farm-to-Bar Passport includes:
- General Admission Ticket PLUS:
- Access to exclusive Farm-to-Bar area (21+)
- Collectible drinking glass
- Tastings of traditionally fermented alcoholic beverages such as jun, mead, cider, sake, feral beers, wild wines and fermented cocktails
- Access to indoor Farm-to-Bar Theater with talks and demonstrations on fermented alcoholic beverages
Profits from the festival directly benefit:
KISS THE GROUND, whose mission is to inspire global participation in the restoration of our precious soil and simultaneously sequester carbon into the soil, expand soil water holding capacity and make nutrient rich food through building the soil humus layer.
SPARC, a community-based non-profit arts organization that examines what we choose to memorialize through public art, to devise and innovate excellent art pieces; and ultimately, to provide empowerment through participatory processes to residents and communities excluded from civic debate.
BEYOND BAROQUE, whose mission is to advance the public awareness of an involvement in the literary arts; to provide a challenging program of events which promotes new work and diversity; to foster a place in the community for the exchange of challenging ideas and the nurturing of new work; to support writers through readings, workshops, books sales, publication, access to archived material and performance space; to encourage collaboration and cross-fertilization between writers and artists in multiple disciplines with the goal of producing mixed media art; to use the literary arts as a foundation for increasing education and literacy in our community.