The 1st Annual L.A. Sriracha Festival is taking place on Sunday, October 27, from 3 pm to 6 pm at LOT 613 in the downtown L.A. Arts District. This chef-driven, all-inclusive, 21+ event spotlights the world's most iconic hot sauce in a casual industrial setting. Multiple stations allow guests to enjoy a variety of Sriracha themed dishes, including desserts, at their own pace. Local craft beer, cocktails, and sodas help tame the heat while a live DJ set helps create a fun and unforgettable food and drink experience.
Some of L.A.’s best chefs and restaurants participating in this year’s event include:
· Wesley Avila—Guerrilla Tacos— “Best Tacos in LA Under $10”. Time Out (2013)
· Nadav Bashan —Bashan— “Most Underrated Restaurant in LA”, Eater
· Gabe Gordon — Beachwood BBQ & Brewing — “Best Brewpub in Southern California”, RateBeer.com (2013)
· Tai Kim —Scoops — ”10 Best Ice Cream & Gelato Shops” (#8), LA Weekly (2011)
· Esdras Ochoa & Javier Fregoso—Mexicali Taco & Co. — “The Best Tacos in Los Angeles”, laist (2013)
· Christian Page & Willy Barling —Short Order— “5 Reasons to Get Out and Explore LA”, Bon Appetit (2012)
· Tui Sungkamee & Jazz Singsanong —Jitlada— Jonathan Gold’s 101 Best Restaurants (#9), LA Weekly’s 99 Essential Restaurants (2013)
· Chloe Tran & John Vu Cao — East/Borough — "One Perfect Day in Costa Mesa," Sunset Magazine, opening restaurant in Culver City
· Ernesto Uchimura —Plan Check Kitchen + Bar— “Chef of the Year”, Los Angeles Magazine (2012) — also featuring a cocktail from Matthew Biancaniello
“I’ve fallen completely in love with Sriracha, not just as a condiment, but also as an ingredient,” professes Randy Clemens, co-organizer of the 1st Annual L.A. Sriracha Festival, and author of The Sriracha Cookbook and The Veggie-Lover’s Sriracha Cookbook. “It works with all kinds of cuisines, and I can’t wait to see what all these incredible chefs do with it!”
To drink, Eagle Rock Brewery, Beachwood BBQ & Brewing, and Firestone Walker Brewing Co. will be pouring craft beers throughout the event. Inventive bartenders Josh Goldman (Soigné Group) and Matthew Biancaniello are serving creative cocktails in the main festival area and at the Plan Check Bar booth, respectively. Los Angeles Ale Works has created artisan ginger ale (with or without Sriracha!), Pure Water of Los Angeles is providing beyond-green purified water from their water systems.
Sponsors: Huy Fong Foods, Inc. has generously come on board as a presenting sponsor. David Tran, founder of Huy Fong Foods and mastermind behind their Sriracha, will be making a rare, special appearance at the event. Uber is offering festival guests a free ride valued at up to $20 for first time users, and Ten Speed Press is giving a copy of The Veggie-Lover’s Sriracha Cookbook to all VIP guests.
Charity: A portion of proceeds from the L.A. Sriracha Festival will directly benefit Food Forward; a North Hollywood-based charity whose mission is to rescue and donate fresh local produce that would otherwise go to waste. Over 1.6 million pounds of food has been gleaned since 2009, which goes to local food pantries, helping feed over 40,000 hungry Southern Californians each month.
You Might Also Like
Firestone Walker & Food GPS
Firestone Walker Brewing Company brewed its first beer in 1996 in a small facility rented from the Firestone Vineyard estate in Santa Barbara County. In 2001 owners Adam Firestone and David Walker purchased the SLO Brewing Company located in Paso Robles, CA. Firestone Walker’s ales are selectively fermented in the Firestone Union oak barrel brewing system. The Firestone Union incorporates 65-gallon, medium and heavy toast American oak barrels. Firestone Walker Brewing Company continues to grow as the palates of Americans migrate to craft beer. Our brew staff have picked up “Mid Size Brewery of the Year” at the World Beer Cup an unmatched four times. About Food GPS: Josh Lurie founded Food GPS in 2005. Since then, his Los Angeles-based website has remained dedicated to pinpointing the highest quality, best-tasting food and drink, regardless of price or cuisine, and sharing stories of people behind the flavor. Food GPS, Inc. also produces unique culinary events.