Explore the Chicago River, like the (beer) Voyageurs of Chicago’s past.
Our vessel in exploring some of Chicago's beer stories - past and present - is a replica First Nations Voyageur Canoe. The 36 foot long canoe was primarily used between 1680 and 1870 during the fur trade in the Great Lakes region.
Our journey takes us from Kayak Chicago’s North Avenue launch north to Metropolitan Brewing where we’ll stop for a beer or two. While we paddle back south we’ll chat a bit more about Chicago’s rivercentric beer and alcohol history. We conclude at Off Color Brewing’s Mousetrap for more brews.
Ticket price includes:
- An awesome and extremely stable, Coast Guard approved replica historic canoe
- Professional guides to paddle you to each location (you can paddle too if you’d like!).
- Beer and alcohol history!
- One beer at Metropolitan Brewing.
- One beer at Off Color Brewing’s Mousetrap
- Philanthropy! Net proceeds benefit the Chicago Brewseum.