The Food GPS Fried Chicken Festival is taking place on Sunday, September 15, from 4 pm to 7 pm at LOT 613 in the downtown L.A. Arts District. This chef-driven, all-inclusive event spotlights one of the world's best loved and most versatile dishes in a fashionable industrial setting. Eleven of L.A.’s best chefs will allow guests to enjoy multiple styles of fried chicken at their own pace, along with side dishes, desserts, craft beer, and cocktails.
Some of L.A.’s best chefs and restaurants participating in this year’s event include:
· Susan Feniger, STREET - “Top Chef: Masters” Season 2, Champion’s Round
· Daniel Mattern & Roxana Jullapat, Cooks County#1 Best New Restaurant, Los Angeles Magazine’s Top 10 Best New Restaurants of 2012
· Jason Neroni, Superba Snack BarLos Angeles Magazine’s Top 10 Best New Restaurants of 2012
· Bryant Ng, The Spice Table - 2012 FOOD & WINE Best New Chef
· Chris Oh, Seoul SausageWinner of Food Network’s “The Great Food Truck Race” Season 3
· Matt Poley, Heirloom LABest of LA, Los Angeles Magazine 2011
· Eduardo Ruiz, Corazon y MielJonathan Gold’s 101 Best Restaurants
· Ernesto Uchimura, Plan Check Bar“Chef of the Year” Los Angeles Magazine 2012
“The Fried Chicken we offer at Superba Snack Bar is one of my favorite dishes,” says Chef Jason Neroni.” At dinner we serve it topped with glaze and relish, and during lunch we make a fried chicken sandwich with jalapeno pimento cheese and pickled heirloom tomatoes. I'm pumped to see what other chefs will be bringing to the table, and how their dishes compare!”
Sponsors: Firestone Walker Brewing Co. will be pouring three craft beers throughout the event: Union Jack, Pale 31, and Solace. Uber is offering festival guests a free ride valued at up to $20 for first time users.
Charity: A portion of proceeds from the Food GPS Fried Chicken Festival will directly benefit My Friend’s Place; a Hollywood-based charity dedicated to assisting and inspiring homeless youth to build self-sufficient lives.
Ticket Information: General Admission tickets are $55 per person in advance, and $65 per person at the door, if still available.
VIP Tickets for the event are $90 in advance, and $100 per person at the door, if available. They include reserved seating, one-hour early admission from 3 pm to 4 pm, and a special cocktail created by nationally renowned bartender Matthew Biancaniello. Tickets are only available for people 21+ and are for sale exclusively at foodgpsfriedchicken.nightout.com. Valet parking is available at nearby 619 Imperial Street for $10 per car, and free street parking is also an option.
Tickets are non-refundable. No outside food or beverage allowed.